Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trixie and Coco

We went to Zamzows to buy a new beta fish a couple of weekends ago and came home with that contraption. Yes, a gerbil house. Hannah can be pretty cute and convincing when she wants to be. They only order one gender at a time so that you don't end up with a load of babies. They had boys. I asked Hannah if she wanted to wait until they had girls. She said the boys would be fine because she would give them girl names and just pretend they were girls. Kind of like we name our fish girl names even though they are boys too. Lucky for Henry, the dog, we accept that he is a boy.

These guys (Trixie and Coco) are super cute. I bring their cage into preschool and the kids love watching them run around. Henry is obsessed with them. He used to bark at them, but now he just watches them for hours. I'm not exaggerating. The first thing he does in the morning when Kiley lets him out of their room is run in to see the gerbils. In fact, I can hear him right now barking to get into the room they are in. He would probably eat them if he could get to them. That dog is crazy.

1 comment:

Melissa Zurcher said...

Ok, these little guys (or rather, little girls) are really cute! I wasn't too excited when you first told me about the purchase, but after seeing them, I can imagine my kids loving them to death! What a fun addition to the family! Way to go, Hannah!!