Friday, February 11, 2011

USS Midway Museum

On the second day of vacation we went to the USS Midway Museum.
It was raining most of the time we were there. Luckily, much of the museum is indoors.
This was so interesting. As you can see by the headphones, we did a self-guided tour.

These beds were in pretty tight quarters. It made me thankful for the big bed I get to stretch out in every night.
There were several planes and helicopters that the kids could play in. I would be frightened to have any of these people pilot my aircraft.

By the time we got up to the flight deck the skies had really cleared up.
The structure in the background is the "island".
All the navigating and decision making for the ship is made here.

These four are hanging off the very back of the ship.

After our tour we went to the mall and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.

2 comments:

Melissa Zurcher said...

What a great site! Kiley looks so pretty...so grown up. I love Kerrie and Susanna's smiles...ear to ear! What cool planes and a great tour!

Davis Family said...

Tricia...I love the new pictures! You all look fabulous in the pics that Tammy took. I haven't seen all of them until now. Also, the sea world pics are adorable...priceless!